Emile Berliner: Maker of the Microphone
|Title:||Emile Berliner: Maker of the Microphone|
|Publisher:||The Bobbs-Merrill Company|
|Tags:||biography, non-fiction, science, technology|
Wile, Frederic William:
Journalist, foreign correspondent, and radio commentator.
From the description of Frederic William Wile scrapbooks, 1898-1941. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 70980261
Epithet: US journalist
British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue : Person : Description : ark:/81055/vdc_100000000386.0x0001a9
Prior to 1914, Wile was a correspondent in Berlin, Germany, for various newspapers. From 1914 to 1917, he edited a column entitled “Germany Day by Day” for the London Daily Mail.
From the description of [Newscuttings of the war, 1915-1916] (Southern Illinois University). WorldCat record id: 9397252
University of Notre Dame graduate, author, newspaper columnist and editorial writer, who served as a reporter for the Chicago Daily News, 1900-1906, and the London Daily Mail, 1906-1918, and political analyst for NBC and CBS, 1923-1938.
From the description of Papers, 1911 and 1949. (University of Notre Dame). WorldCat record id: 24427500
Epithet: Berlin correspondent of the `Daily Mail’
British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue : Person : Description : ark:/81055/vdc_100000000698.0x0003c3
- 1873, Nov. 30: Born, La Porte, Ind.
- 1886 – 1890 : Educated, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Ind.
- 1898 – 1900 : Reporter, Chicago Record
- 1900 – 1901 : Correspondent in London, England, for Chicago Record and Chicago Daily News
- 1901: Married Ada Shakman (died 1962)
- 1902 – 1914 : Correspondent in Berlin, Germany, for various newspapers, including New York Times
- 1914 – 1917 : Edited column entitled “Germany Day by Day,” London Daily Mail
- 1917 – 1918 : Specialist in German affairs, Intelligence Section, Headquarters, American Expeditionary Force
- 1919 – 1941 : Reporter and independent newsman, Washington, D.C.
- 1923 – 1928 : Political analyst, National Broadcasting Co.
- 1923 – 1941 : Editorial writer, Washington Evening Star
- 1929 – 1938 : Commentator, Columbia Broadcasting Co.
- 1941, Apr. 7: Died, Washington, D.C.
From the guide to the Frederic William Wile Scrapbooks, 1898-1941, (Manuscript Division Library of Congress)